Modern housing is symbolised by high quality and safety standards. The best materials are used in constructing sturdy buildings. But climate and heavy rainfall can have a damaging effect on the interiors and exteriors. In this scenario, Damp Proofing walls become an essential solution. The homeowner has to choose the most viable wall-proofing techniques.
- Modern structures are designed and built for long-lasting service. High-quality wood, steel, concrete, bricks, and tiles are used in construction.
- The internal and external walls are erected to be strong and sturdy. They have to withstand dust, wind, storms, heat, and snow.
- Adverse weather phenomenon, however, damages the internal structures. Moisture sneaks into the house and leads to dampness on the walls.
- Any type of water leakage or plumbing defects also has a damaging effect. The walls have to be waterproof so they can survive accidents or inclement weather.
How To Control Dampness?
Concrete floors and walls are inexpensive, durable, and trustworthy. However, Moisture gets into the walled structures due to capillary action. Damp proofing walls become an absolute necessity to ensure property’s safety. Dampness raises upwards mainly because the walls are porous and permeable. The integrity of this vertical structure is essential for the building or home to last a lifetime.
- Faulty construction leads to water entering through the pores or void spaces. Pressure grouting is effective in filling up gap, cracks, and joints in the structure. This remedial action makes use of cement, resin, or a chemical mixture or solution.
- The interior and exterior walls can be separated by rain screens. A cavity wall is constructed with the capillary break to allow water drainage and evaporation.
- Sprayed concrete technique in construction is effective in resisting rainwater. The surfaces can also be coated with the waterproof material.
Membrane – A moisture resistant material like polyethene sheet resists moisture. The membrane acts as an impervious barrier during capillary damping action.
Concrete Mix – This is an integral method of mixing the proofing material with concrete mix. The whole structure is strengthened and becomes impermeable to water.
DPC – The damp proof course is either a construction barrier or a remedial chemical. The builders and masons apply a DPC chemical along the base of the walls. The silicone resin, water repellent chemical lines the pores in an efficient way.
In contrast, The DPC barrier is a structure that is designed into the construction. A horizontal or vertical barrier is erected near the joint. Both load bearing and partition walls can be reinforced to resist the rising damp.
Modern buildings have to be safe, durable, and structurally sound. Their vertical and horizontal partitions have to resist moisture. Damp proofing walls is a construction time activity or a corrective measure. Dampness rises from the ground, towards, and then up the walls. This capillary activity is resisted through effective DPC barriers and chemical mixtures. Waterproofing membranes, surface coats, and repairs also guarantee positive outcomes.