Blocked drains are every homeowner’s biggest fear and there are unscrupulous people who profit from an emergency drain clearance, with sky high call out charges and lots of hidden extras. There are, however, reputable companies that are dedicated to providing an affordable service, and if you are concerned you might call in the wrong people, here are just a few of the things you can expect from a reputable drain cleaning company.
- 24-7 Service – Unfortunately, blocked drains wait for no one, and if the blockage should occur in the middle of the night, you do not want to wait until the morning. Ideally, the company would have several mobile units that are fully equipped with the latest devices and tools to deal with any type of blockage. When searching for such a company, the Internet can really help, and whether you are looking for drainage experts in Margate or Canterbury, an online search will bring up a list of potential candidates.
- No Call Out Charges – Yes, there are actually contractors who have a fixed fee system, and even if you have to call them in the middle of the night, there are no call out charges. This makes a refreshing change for the homeowner, who is always on their guard when enlisting the help of essential services, and being a local company, they would likely have a good reputation in the community.
- No Hidden Extras – If a reputable contractor quotes for a drainage repair, then that is what the customer would pay, even if the actual repair was more complex than first envisaged. This ensures there are no nasty surprises when the final bill comes along, and with excellent service and attention to detail, your drainage issue will soon be a thing of the past.
- CCTV Drainage Service – This has revolutionised drain repairs, allowing the technician to actually see the inside the pipes and identify the fault quickly and without causing damage. While some blockages are located in the sink or toilet, others can be in hard-to-reach areas, and the miniature vehicle is equipped with a high resolution camera that allows the technician to get to the very heart of the problem.
- Relining Service – Very old drains become cracked and with a build up of residue, they attract blockages, which often begin with waste that attaches itself to the rough pipe surface. Modern solutions include relining the pipe, which is done after the system has had a pressurized water clean, and involves inserting a flexible uPVC liner and set into place using an inflatable air bag. Once the liner is cured, you now have a smooth, clean inner surface, and that makes a blockage practically impossible.
If you have a drainage problem and are looking for a local contractor, an online search would be the place to begin, and by looking for all of the above, you should end up with a cost effective repair.