We all know and love the traditional swimming pool. Hours of fun spent doing laps or playing water games with children. Whilst the concept of your average pool is simple, there are pools out there that can better serve your needs.
One such type is known as the Endless Pool. Featuring many benefits, a lot of people have begun opting for an Endless Pool in their homes and would never go back to a normal type. If you’re intrigued, read on to learn more.
What is An Endless Pool?
An Endless swimming pool is one which allows you to swim in place by creating a current. This current offers resistance which you are required to swim against, performing as an effective variation of the traditional swimming pool.
How Do They Work?
The current is usually provided by the use of propellers at either end of the pool which have the ability to move up to 5000 gallons of water a minute. This propulsion is what makes the Endless Pool so unique.
As you can imagine, the benefits are numerous and can include:
- Being able to directly control the current and fine tuning the speed of each propeller to your individual training needs. As you become stronger, you can increase the speed of the propellers to increase the water resistance you are required to swim against.
- Endless Pools are usually installed with a mirror at the bottom of the pool floor. This is designed to allow you to monitor your form and improve upon any issues with your chosen stroke.
- The biggest reason for installing an Endless Pool is that any pool constructed doesn’t need to be as large as it otherwise would. Laps are usually performed in a 25m pool but with an Endless Pool, it can be as small as you require. A major benefit to those who lack the space for the construction of a full size pool.
- Swimming is a low impact exercise. Swimming in place is even better as you aren’t required to stop and turn unnecessarily, relieving some of the stress that would otherwise be placed on your joints.
- Endless Pools are commonly installed for use in hydrotherapy and rehabilitation. Swimming is a great way to strengthen the body after receiving serious injury and can reduce pain experienced in all areas of the body.
- Endless Pools are said to provide greater training benefits due to a constant resistance level that has to be swam against. Unlike a normal pool where you can slow down and reduce energy expenditure, Endless Pools keep you moving and provide a greater workout in a shorter amount of time.
Hopefully you are now as excited as we are about the advantages of an Endless swimming pool. For a consultation and a quotation to install a pool in your home, get in touch with one of many swimming pool suppliers. One such supplier is A1 Pool Discounts who supply Endless Pools across the Yorkshire area as well as the rest of the UK. Whichever supplier you decide to proceed with, obtain at least three prices so you know you’re getting value for money.
Endless Pool technology is now available to everyone so either look into upgrading your existing pool or specify a brand new one.