Assuming that it’s been awhile since you’ve been up on your roof, you’re probably unaware of the condition that it’s in. Making sure your roof is in good condition is one of the biggest responsibilities of a homeowner. It’s time to check out your roof, and here’s what you should be looking for.
Investigate the Inside
Signs of a faulty roof can be found on the inside. Contact a roofing company immediately if you see the following things:
- Water stains on the ceiling
- Dripping water
Get on the Roof
Some of the major signs of a bad roof can be found in the shingles. If your shingles are doing any of these things, make sure you contact an affordable re-roofing company in Guildford as soon as possible.
- Look for Shingles that are blowing off.
- Check the gutters so see if there is any of the granule coating from the shingles in them. This indicates that the shingles are becoming brittle and falling apart.
- Look for any shingles that are curling or lifting. This shows that the shingles are drying out.
- Check out the vents and the chimney to make sure that the seals around them are still good.
- There should never be any plants or moss growing on your roof. This is a sure sign of excessive moisture.
If you think that you may need to re-roof, call a roofing company to get an estimate immediately. Don’t wait until it’s too late, or you may have to replace the entire thing.