What are known as door security systems are any device or system which has been developed to prevent any type of unauthorised entry through a home’s door, such as in the case of break-ins or burglary. Such systems can come in the form of:
- Double Glazing
The material of doors and windows are going to be an important aspect of security as any type of inferior materials or construction methods will definitely have an effect on any door’s ability to maintain the structural integrity in place during any attempted break in.
Safe and Sound
- Certainly one of the very first things to consider with regards towards any properly working door security plan is the doors make up and frame.
- Sturdy and robust uPVC, metal or solid wood doors with a sturdy frame will put a stop to any type of forced entry much more than any cheaper laminated or hollow core doors.
- A laminated door will can splinter when hit forcefully.
- Solid wood, metal doors and uPVC back doors with double glazing in Lanarkshire are that much harder to get through, although it is indeed possible to reinforce the laminated door with a metal plate that wraps around the door where the lock is located.
- The lock is the single most traditional type of door security and they come in various shapes and sizes.
- Everyone knows what a standard doorknob looks like and that simply keep a door bolt in place.
- The typical exterior type of door has a separate keyed lock that operates a deadbolt that extends from the lock into the door frame keeping the door in position.
- These locks, when properly fitted are effective and have been specially designed to be anti-picking or interfering with and may be securely fitted on the door with a sturdy metal plate to help reinforce it.
- There are also sliding chain locks that allow for the door to be slightly ajar when attached, but can prevent chain removal.
Securing Your Castle
- In addition are hook and eye latches, sliding bars, and other types of locks.
- Robust metal or wooden bars can be laid across the back of a door, which extend and covers the frame in both directions.
- These are yet another simple kind of security system, although certainly of a slightly extreme type!
- Door safety support can also come in other methods apart from built-in or structural types such as in the case of reinforced jambs and frames.
- All are put to use when it comes to door security, and will put a halt to it being made open even should your lock have been somehow compromised.
So, if you’re looking at purchasing new secure windows and doors, simply get online and do some simple research.
Be it looking for double glazed windows or for a new door to withstand a medieval battering ram (!), you can find a professional company who can suit all of your needs.