Texas is one of the best states to live in. Whether you are a millennial, a family with young kids, or a retiree, the Lone Star State has a lot to offer that make moving there very attractive. Although not the biggest single factor for anyone to move to Texas, the availability and easy access to some of the best tacos is certainly a big perk of living there.
Tacos are everywhere in Texas – most of them great! Here are just a few in some of Texas’ top metro areas:
- Austin. This busy Texas city has more than its share of amazing tacos. Among the best places for some of the biggest tacos in Austin is Torchy’s Tacos. It is well-known not just in Texas, but it also hit the number four in The Daily Meal’s 50 Best Tacos in America. They are known their Brush Fire tacos, the Dirty Sanchez tacos, and the Republican tacos. You will not just find them in Austin as you can also find them Amarillo, Dallas, College Stat., Fort Worth, Houston, Lubbock, San Antonio, San Marcos, Tyler, and Waco.
- Houston. If you can only visit one taco place in Houston, make it the El Real Tex-Mex Café. You would visit this restaurant not just for its tacos because it is located in a restored theatre in Houston. They serve some classic Tex-Mex tacos, with their Chicken Puffy Taco a popular favorite.
- San Antonio. A 24-hour Tex-Mex restaurant is popular for tacos in San Antonio. Put Mi Tierra on your list of best taco places but make sure to try their other offerings as well. This restaurant is also known for their fajita platters, quesadillas, enchiladas, and menudo.
- Dallas. Moving to Dallas or visiting soon? The La Nueva Fresh & Hot Tortilleria is where you need to go for tortillas and tacos. Although it is a small tortilleria, they are also known for their giant tortilla machine.
- Fort Worth. The small taco joints are usually where you find some of the best kept secret tacos in Texas. One such taco joint in Fort Worth is the Revolver Taco Lounge, a small family-run Tex-Mex restaurant. Their morning offering of all-you-can-eat breakfast tacos is enough to get anyone up and in their restaurant any day of the week.
- El Paso. Do not let the exteriors of Chico’s Tacos fool you because its signature dish is something that a lot of people keep coming back for. If you are not into the fancy kind of tacos, then this one from Chico’s Tacos is for you. An order of their signature dish comes with three rolled tacos with ground beef inside plus shredded cheese and salsa outside. Some might not find it too appealing, with the tacos drenched in the cheese and sauce, but many swear by it unusual appeal.
Texas offers more than a few taco places for anyone to enjoy. If you are moving to Texas soon, make sure to check out the Bellhops city guide to help you get around and learn more about your new home.