Asbestos is actually a naturally occurring mineral substance, but it poses a dangerous health risk to those who come in contact with it. To protect yourself, be sure to hire a professional company for all removal services so that you do not prolong exposure.

What Is Asbestos?

Asbestos used to be a popular insulator, and was used frequently on construction sites. Unfortunately, though, it has now been discovered as toxic to a person’s health.

Asbestos is considered dangerous because even after inhaling it in the dust of a building, symptoms do not necessarily show. Yet, once ingested, the body can’t break down the substance and rid itself of the toxin. The asbestos, once in a person’s body, can wreak havoc and cause genetic damage. At its worst, asbestos exposure can lead to the following illnesses:

  • COPD
  • Asbestosis
  • Pleuritis
  • Cancer

In fact, asbestos is the number one job-related cause of cancer.

How Do I Get Rid of It?

To get rid of asbestos, you should contact a company that specialises in emergency asbestos removal services in Medway. These companies have the right tools as well as the proper protective equipment to keep workers safe. Since the diseases caused by asbestos take a long time to appear, don’t feel that you can remove it yourself and as long as you feel fine within a few months that you’re in the clear. A professional can remove the substance and dispose of it so it doesn’t pose a risk to others.